Thursday, December 18, 2008

8 Things

Mandy tagged me in this blog game, so here goes.

8 TV Shows I Watch
1. Arkansas Razorback football games
2. Arkansas Razorback basketball games
3. Dallas Cowboy football games
4. American Idol
5. The news (some nights)
6. Travel programs about places I've visited or will be visiting
7. Other college football games
8. Other college basketball games

That's it. It was hard for me to come up with eight. Makes me wonder why I pay for so many channels on DirecTV, but with only a basic package I wouldn't get every ESPN and all of those Fox Sports channels. And then we have to have The Golf Channel for LBeau.

8 Favorite Restaurants
1. Taziki's
2. Standard Bistro
3. Prairie Fire Grill
4. Panera Bread Company (love their bagels and soup and salad combos)
5. Macaroni Grill (especially the belinis)
6. P.F. Chang's
7. Loca Luna (if I lived in Little Rock, I would have brunch there all the time)
8. California Pizza Kitchen

8 Things That Happened to Me Today
1. Drove 20 miles each way to meet an inspector on a remodel project, but the home owner wasn't there to let us in. I had scheduled the appointment with her yesterday, but I guess she forgot or something. So now I'll have to reschedule and drive the 40-mile round trip again.
2. My friend Glenda drove us to the Galleria to return jackets that we had bought from Land's End. We both hated them after they arrived. Hint: You can return Land's End stuff to Sears.
3. Mailed a package to Susie with a surprise for Sarah, who commented favorably on my Date Cakes. Margie will not be getting a surprise.
4. Got an email from Jeff Long, the new Arkansas athletic director.
5. Talked to Ben.
6. Talked to Claire, who is on the way to Birmingham for an interview at UAB.
7. Got a bunch of Christmas cards. We are not getting very many cards from businesses this year, but friends and family are still sending them. Thanks everyone!
8. Returned some books to Janice, including The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. She emailed me yesterday that she had ordered it from Barnes & Noble. We try not to buy the same books so that we can trade. I quickly emailed her back that she already owned a copy of that book which she had loaned me before Thanksgiving.

8 Things I Look Forward To
1. Christmas with Walker and all of the rest of the family.
2. Dinner tonight with the Bible Babes. They are my original Bible study group that Sandra dubbed the Bible Babes.
3. Taking Walker to Bass Pro Shop to see Santa.
4. Claire's pre-Christmas visit for two nights.
5. Glenda's annual Christmas Eve party.
6. A trip to France in March.
7. The birth of our second grandchild in May. We'll find out what it is on Christmas Day when Brent and Katie open an envelope.
8. A new year.

The Bible Babes at the beach in Destin.

8 Things I Wish For
1. Safe trips for everyone coming for Christmas.
2. Some new remodeling projects.
3. A healthy grandchild
4. To live closer to my children.
5. Sunshine. I think I know what it must be like to live in Seattle. We've had clouds, rain and fog for a week.
6. A good snow. We haven't had a really good snow since the Blizzard of '93.
7. A friends trip. I didn't get to go on the last two because of conflicts, so we need to plan another one.
8. A National Championship for the Razorbacks.

Now I tag Nick, JB and Katie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What no Lloyd's on the favorite restaurant list....shocking.
Larry A.