The first good news is that the seller refunded all of my money and didn’t want me to ship anything back. So today I stopped by Lowe’s and purchased a tube of Super Glue to see what I could salvage.
This is what I started with…
Those are the broken pieces of the sugar bowl handle. The three pieces of the teapot handle are still inside the teapot.
Here’s the repaired sugar bowl.
And here’s the teapot.
It was a little tricky working with the curved handles. I started by gluing the three handle pieces together and then gluing the handle to the teapot. The sugar bowl went together fairly easily, but the teapot was trickier. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to use them to serve tea, but at least they will be pretty to display.
So if someone can tell me how to get the Super Glue off my fingers, I’ll get started on my Tea for Two tablescape for next Thursday. Meanwhile, visit the other tablescapes at Between Naps on the Porch.