Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Long Live the Queen!

The first birthday of the year in our family belongs to my sister Margie. Although I share the same birthday as Prince Charles of England, Margie has the honor of sharing a birthday with The King--Elvis that is.

Obviously this picture is from a much younger birthday. That's my friend Nancy helping with the presents. Being six years older (I'm not ashamed to admit it), my friends and I were always "helping" in one way or another when we were kids.

Growing up, Margie and I always shared a bedroom. Our brother Tommy got his own room, but then he had to sleep with a deer head over his bed! Even when I was a senior in high school and she was in the eighth grade, I don't recall being too stressed out about sharing a room with my "baby" sister. That's just the way it was.

So here's a belated "Happy Birthday" to my "baby" sister. And here's one more picture for you to enjoy. I'm sure she's the only one going the right direction.

2 comments:

Mar Mar said...

Thanks, Sis. And of course I'm going the right way. The Queen wanted her face to show in the picture!

The Walkie Talkie said...

Oh I LOVE the pics! Fun celebration!