Saturday, January 17, 2009

Basketball, Books and Bubble Baths

What's there to do on a Saturday when it's too cold and dreary to enjoy being outside? For me, it was the three "B's".

Shortly after lunch, I settled in to watch some college basketball, hoping the Razorbacks would bounce back from two straight losses. Unfortunately the streak continued at Florida. Guess we should chalk it up to youth and hope we can get back to playing like we did against Oklahoma and Texas.

I also made a serious dent in my latest "rubbish" novel, as my son Hunter calls most of what I read. I'm about two-thirds through Patricia Cornwell's latest book, Scarpetta. It was a little hard to get into, but the pace has picked up.

Finally, there's nothing better than soaking in a hot tub filled with scented bubbles. Since I got a bottle of Bath & Body Works bubble bath in my stocking this year, I've been taking lots of bubble baths lately.

LBeau thinks bubble baths are frivolous. He asked me tonight if they reminded me of my childhood.

Well, I do remember taking bubble baths as a child. Occasionally we would have a packet of scented bubble bath powder from the dime store, but more often than not Mother would use detergent. I can't imagine that it was very good for my skin, but that never crossed my mind.

Since I don't have a picture of me taking a bubble bath, and I certainly wouldn't post one if I did, here's one of Ben and his cousin Wes in their younger days. Since this picture was made at the lake house at Lake DeGray, I'd be willing to bet these bubbles were made with good old dishwashing liquid.

No comments: