Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Things

My niece Kate tagged me on Facebook to write 25 things about myself. I've done something similar before, but it wasn't as many things, so I thought I'd post it here as well.

1. I can't believe I started this and then failed to save a draft before confirming someone as a friend. And I was already up to 17 things.

2. I love being a grandmother. Walker is a joy, and I can't wait for Lauren to arrive in May.

3. I wouldn't trade my three boys for anything, but it's nice to be getting some girls in the family (daughters-in-law and soon a granddaughter).

4. I am crazy about the Razorbacks -- football, basketball, gymnastics -- I love it all.

5. I drive a red Ford F-150.

6. I build and remodel houses. With the state of new home construction, lately it's been all remodel work.

7. I taught school for 15 years. I loved it at the time, but I can't imagine doing that now.

8. I got my first Social Security check this month.

9. Birmingham is a great place to live, but it would be so much fun to be closer to family.

10. I really like to read. Hunter says I read "rubbish," but that's okay with me.

11. I'm also into digital scrapbooking. My latest is from Christmas 2008.

12. I have a blog. (Well, duh!)

13. Some of my friend think I'm a computer geek. They're always calling me when they have problems with their computers.

14. I have a great Bible study group that meets on Sunday nights.

15. I enjoy travelling. We've got a trip to France in March, and I can't wait.

16. I wish I could sing, but I was the only one of my friends who didn't get picked for the choir in 6th grade.

17. Camden, Arkansas, was a great place to grow up, but I can't imagine living there now.

18. Larry says my job is perfect for me because I get to spend money, talk on the phone and boss men around.

19. I wish we would get a good snow. We haven't had a good snow in 15 years. Just don't send the ice from Arkansas.

20. My friends say I make really good cornbread.

21. Ben thinks I neglected him because we didn't get him braces when he was young. We were always told he didn't need braces. Sorry, Ben.

22. I get up early and go to bed early. Don't ask me what was on Leno or Letterman.

23. I sometimes wish I could go back to school. I think I'd study business.

24. I'd like to learn how to use Photoshop. My friend Connie and I are thinking about taking a class.

25. I sometimes wonder where the time has gone. Is it too late to decide what I want to be when I grow up?

No comments: