Monday, November 10, 2008

In the Home Stretch

We are now officially in "Wedding Week," as we move closer to Ben's and Claire's big day in Little Rock this Saturday.

Sunday afternoon, LBeau and I did a run through, setting up the 6'x6' screen and projector in the den and playing the rehearsal dinner video from start to finish. I must say that I am pleased with the results. I created the slides using StoryBook Plus and then used Microsoft Movie Maker to pull the slides and music into a video presentation.

It's also comforting to know that we have our own equipment and don't have to rely on renting something that we then have to figure out how to use. I have to admit that I teased LBeau when he decided we needed to order our own screen and projector. Frankly, it seemed like an extravagant expense at the time, but I think we'll find lots of uses for it.

In the meantime, LBeau is working on his speech, complete with a PowerPoint presentation. This required the purchase of another gadget, a remote controller for the PowerPoint that comes with a built in laser pointer.

This afternoon I created an Excel spreadsheet with the seating chart for the 140 guests for the Rehearsal Dinner, many of whom RSVPed via email to invitations that I printed and addressed in Microsoft Word.

It makes me tired just wondering how weddings came together before all of this wonderful technology.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good point about wedding planning being easier with all the technology we have at our fingertips.

This is such an exciting week for all of you!! I know you'll have a wonderful time & make lots of memories to cherish forever.

And by the way, I think you'll get lots of use out of your own screen & projector. Hunter has one for work, and we use it here at home for our family "movie night" every once in a while...very fun...the kids love it.