Tuesday, October 6, 2009

All Dressed Up

Back in August when I celebrated my blog anniversary, I offered to do a blog makeover for a reader who was interested in a new look.  You may recall that I designed my own blog background and header, and I was just itching to do another one.

Martha at Mid-Atlantic Martha was the winner, and I contacted her about what kind of changes she wanted to make.  She told me that her favorite colors were pink and green and that she wanted a vintage look that featured roses, butterflies and crabs.  With that in mind I set out to find elements that I could incorporate into a new look for Martha's blog.

Here's the new header design that features everything Martha wanted, except for her four granddaughters.  We settled for this beach picture, but if she comes up with a picture of the four grand girls we can always change it.

martha header real - Page 035

And here's Martha's new background.  You can visit her blog by clicking HERE to see the finished product.  We changed some of the colors for borders, titles and sidebar items to coordinate with her new look.

background 3 copy

Let me know what you think.

12 comments:

nanny said...

I love her makeover....the start of your new career!!!!! It is so pretty.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Well this is right from the winner herself -- this is so beautiful and I'm so thrilled with my new look! Those who know me well are telling me "This really looks like you!" So I would say -- you got it just right. Thank you Kathy -- you did a wonderful makeover for me!

Tonja said...

What talent you have! I love what you put together! I know she is proud of her new look!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It looks wonderful, you did a great job on it!

Sue said...

Kathy, This looks unreal! I'm glad she is happy about it. You were a sweetie to have given away this prize of your time and talent. I KNOW how long playing with codes and pics can take!
:-) Sue

Valerie said...

You did a lovely job! Her blog looks wonderful...I just wandered over to take a peek. YOu ahve really outdid yourself!

Blessings,
Valerie

Sandi (Meme) said...

I think you are very talented! I love it, looks just like Martha! Have a great weekend, it will be here soon. Check out my giveaway!

Unknown said...

It's really pretty Kathy. You are a talented lady.

Sarah said...

Kathy, you are one talented lady! Martha's blog is lovely. The background color and the beautiful pink borders make for an easy to read page. ~ Sarah

xinex said...

Very pretty, Kathy! You are so creative,...Christine

Unknown said...

Get a picture of the girls AT the beach....

Good job, Kathy, as usual.

Anonymous said...

great job!!! aren't they fun & challenging to make?!