Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sweets for the Sweet and Valentine Treats

girl on pig

In honor of Valentine’s Day, my sister-in-law Susie passed on this vintage card from Laughing Elephant. Even though this is Pink Saturday, I think it’s so appropriate that she’s even wearing a blue dress.

Susie also sent pictures of her Valentine’s Day no-bake cupcake creations. If you’ll look closely, you’ll see that they’re really made from felt.

IMG_2118_640x480

I think these are just the cutest things I’ve seen in a long time. Susie emailed her instructions for making these "non-fat" cupcakes, and I shared them on Laurie's Valentine Party. You can click HERE if you want to learn how to make your own.

bijw9y Now for more Valentine treats, be sure to visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound. She’s hosting Pink Saturday on this Valentine’s Day Eve.

Beverly also encourages us to introduce a new blog that we’ve never visited before, so this week, I’d like y’all to meet The Happy Homemaker in High Heels. Last week, her first time to participate in Pink Saturday, she posted some beautiful photos of lovely vintage things that she has around her home in North Carolina. By the way, I’m convinced that the only way she’s able to keep house in high heels is that she’s a lot younger than I.

11 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Well, now why am I not surprised to find that pig on your Valentine, lol..I just love it.
And the cupcakes look like something I could have. They are so yummy looking, what a great job she did. Hope you have a great Week-end.
Molly

Keetha Broyles said...

KBeau, I can hardly believe my EYES!!! When at first I saw the SMALL version of this photo in my follow list, I thought YOU had somehow doctored up your photo. Amazing and uncanny and oh so fun!!!

Happy Valentine's Day.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Kathy... I love the Valentine and those cuter than cute cupcakes! Just darling. Thanks for sharing them with us today.

Wishing you a Happy Pink Saturday and Valentine's Day...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Robin said...

The "cupcakes" are absolutely adorable and I love your vintage card...precious!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

Tonja said...

I can't believe you found a girl on a pig on a Valentine! That is so cool! Have a happy day!

xinex said...

Pretty vintage card, Kathy! And Susie really does make the best and loveliest faux Valentine cupcakes...Christine

dtbrents said...

Your pictures are so beautiful. I enjoy your blog a lot. Doylene

♥Mimi♥ said...

So sorry that I missed you yesterday. It seemed like the day just ran away from me! But, with this being ♥Valentine's Day♥ what better time for me to stop by to see your Pink Saturday goodies.

It's been a long and dark winter up here near Canada so filling myself up with pink is my way on the weekend of chasing away the blues - not that blue isn't a nice color, too☺

I ♥ coming here. All the pink and all the girlie stuff just floods my brain and makes me want to do a happy dance right where I sit!

Thanks so much for sharing. After all, isn't sharing one of life's greatest pleasures?

♫Happy Valentine's Day♫

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, I love your blog's title. I can relate to that ;) Darling post. Happy belated V's Day and Pink Saturday`

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Kathy, when Susie emailed me this V'tine, I immediately thought of the picture on your header - so cute! laurie

Sue said...

Kathy, I am lovin' the vintage pig and little girl! Too cute and so appropriate for you. Sorry I haven't been by for a while. I am finally getting some free time to start re-visiting old friends. Hope all is well on your end. hugs, Sue