Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Sincerest Form of Flattery

You know what they say about imitation?  Well, consider me flattered.

Back in January, I received an email from Dawn, who is the room mother for her daughter's second grade class in Tampa.  As a fund raiser, the students were going to make beverage tubs to sell.  When Dawn started doing some research on the internet in hopes of finding something more than simply decoupage pictures on the side of a bucket, she came across my blog post about my galvanized beverage chillers.  You can read it HERE.

With a little adult supervision, Dawn thought this might be a good project for her daughter's class.  She emailed me for more details, and I told her where I had purchased all of my materials, and approximately how much she could expect to spend.  I asked her to send me photos of the completed tubs, and yesterday they arrived in my inbox.

IMG_0073

"My local Home Depot was so incredible," Dawn wrote, "and they actually drilled the holes in the tub for me.  I can play a real good 'damsel in distress'."

IMG_6807 Remember Shrinky Dinks?  Dawn had the children make Shrinky Dink beads personalized with their names to incorporate into the project.  I see endless possibilities with this clever idea.

Thanks for sharing, Dawn.  It's always nice to see what others can do with your ideas.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow, what a great project! Clever room mom to have the idea and clever you to have created the sample!

Keetha Broyles said...

I HAD a galvanized tub similar to that - - - and since I couldn't think of any GOOD use for it, I put it in "the mission store" when we moved!

OH well - - - I REALLY did need to "weed" out anyway. I'll hope SOME crafty person finds it there for a song and makes HERSELF a beverage tub for next to nothing.

Unknown said...

That is wonderful! So creative & festive ... clever.

Happy St. Patrick's Day ~
Have a beautiful eve ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

CSN GIVEAWAY ENDS 3/17

Anonymous said...

that's so very sweet!! kudos on the nod from the class mom! :)
on a sadder note.. too bad about our hogs last night. :( nearly pulled it back out. i just read the news about coach P as well.. sure hope it's not true!!

nanny said...

I remember that post vividly....I loved it!
Shrinky Dinky...we had so much fun with those. loved watching them react in the oven and ending up perfectly flat!!