Sunday, July 26, 2009

From Bikini Wax to Kate Spade

A Sunday Favorite

writeroval-1-1 Each Sunday Chari at Happy to Design gives us a chance to revisit older posts that some of you may have missed.  I have been using this weekly event as an opportunity to post things I wrote before I got followers.

The original idea behind my blog was to write about life with LBeau.  In fact, at the time I started blogging my children were all eager to participate.  I should have known better.  None of them ever made a single contribution, and thus my blog has evolved into a conglomeration of thoughts and observations that include not only life with LBeau but other stuff as well.  Today I am sharing one of my earliest posts about LBeau.

About 13 years ago, LBeau and I started walking every night in our neighborhood. We mapped out a two-mile route that took us about 35 to 45 minutes to complete. Shortly after we started, our friend Glenda joined us, and we gradually added more friends until our group numbered 10 at one point.

When it was just the three of us, we often had some unusual conversations. Glenda and I said that we were educating LBeau in the ways of women. One of the earliest of those talks was about bikini waxing. LBeau had never heard of such and wondered why any woman would put herself through such torture.

Our group is now back to just the three of us, since our other friends have gradually dropped out. Last night we were talking about Ben's and Claire's bridal registry. Glenda asked me about their china and stemware patterns, and I told her that they had registered for a Kate Spade crystal pattern.

LBeau said, "Kate Spade? I thought she did purses."

Glenda and I were impressed that he had learned enough to know that Kate Spade designed purses. We think his education has come a long way since our bikini wax conversation and that he's ready to lead the men's team in a game of Battle of the Sexes.

By the way, we also noted that Glenda and I are out of the bikini business, but that doesn't mean we aren't still hot.

11 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

LOL...poor LBeau, my DH would have looked at us like we were from Mars and just walked off, or shook his head in confusion.
Thanks for the laugh this morning.
Molly

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Kathy!
I am so glad you shared this one again, because being newer to the blogging community I had not read this one. I am so tickled that LBeau knew about Kate Spade, that just tickles me so, because usually they walk on and don't pay any mind to our conversations. He is listening even when you think he isn't. Isn't that just Devine?
I love this post. Happy Sunday. Country Hugs, Sherry

Lori E said...

Well my husband could have had the whole Brazilian wax conversation and there is a long story that goes with that comment that I won't go into here.
However he would not know who made a purse or china or any of the other fun things women chat about.

Domestic Designer said...

I try to keep my husband "educated" as well. It is always good to be "in the know". :-) Have a great Sunday!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Kathy...

Ohhh Girl, what a hilarious story about LBeau and bikini waxing...thanks for the great laugh today! Hehe! I also just giggled when you told about LBeau and Kate Spade...that's just too cool!!! After reading your cute post, I was thinking about my honey and all that he is learning about decor, dishes, etc. I think we have some pretty terrific guys...they're paying attention when most men would just "tune out"! hehe! Love it!

Thanks so much for sharing this fun story with all of us for Sunday Favorites!!! By the way...I think it's great that ya'll are doing the walking!!!

Have a super Sunday, my friend!
Chari

Tara said...

This is hilarious! See, they really can listen when they want to! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love my specialty designers but I didn't realize she made dinnerware. Glad your enjoying your small group again but actually "way to go" that you are still walking.

xinex said...

Oh how cute Lbeau is! I can imagine him being startled at all the girly things you talk about, Kathy, lol! But he is learning, isn't he? Your walks are not just for good exercise but very educational too...Christine

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm STILL wondering why any woman would WANT to do a bikini wax and I R 1!!!

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling this is a fantastic blog. I just came over from Mary's and had to stop and read and read, lovely photos as well. I joined your followers and will place a link to your blog on mine. Please come over my cottage for a visit and some tea and if you have a moment while visiting please join my followers, much appreciated.

Duchess xx

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Kathy, what a fun post. I'm so glad you are re-sharing some of these that were before I started visiting you. You have obviously done a great job of educating that husband of yours! laurie